Tuesday, August 24, 2010

93 ford explorer, the dash 4x4 control has no responds when pushed, where can I get the schematic for 4x4?

I could use the 4x4 for the winter, I check the fuse for the system,it was ok. Is there a control module for the 4x4, that is separate from the main computer? I can located the problem if I can find the wiring for the 4x4 system. the auto repair manual like Chilton, does not show nothing on how the system works, wiring or other wise. I can push the button on the dash, the indicators lights are not coming on. Please any help would be appreciated.93 ford explorer, the dash 4x4 control has no responds when pushed, where can I get the schematic for 4x4?
The problem with the 93 was usually the position indicator switch unit on the transfer case. They weren't soldered and give the controller bad indications, so it just stays in 2wd. It's very east to remove with a security torx bit. I rebuilt a few, but it's easier just to replace them.


Don't let some quack sell you a $500 controller on a guess.


A Haynes has the schematics.93 ford explorer, the dash 4x4 control has no responds when pushed, where can I get the schematic for 4x4?
HI YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL FORD DEALER AND THEY CAN PRINT YOU ONE OUT,IT MIGHT COST YOU MONEY OR A BOX OF DOUGHNUTS BUT IS WORTH IT IF YOU CAN FIX IT YOUR SELF YOU CAN SAVE ALOT OF MONEY.TRY GETTING UNDER YOUR TRUCK AND TAP ON YOUR SHIFTER MOTOR ON YOU TRANSFER CASE THIS MOTOR CAN BE STUCK AND THIS WILL CAUSE THIS SAME PROBLEM.OR YOUR CONTOL SWITCH IN THE DASH COULD BE BAD
Check the free wheeling switch in the front differential.

No comments:

Post a Comment