Saturday, August 21, 2010

Off Birth Control Pills, no Period, 8 weeks later...?

I went off of the pill and had my last period on October 31. I was on the pills for 3 mos to get rid of an ovarian cyst. I have been feeling like my period is coming for the last 3 - 4 weeks. I have had NO spotting, but have had some light cramping. I have the sore BB's, emotional, heartburn, fatigue that is typical with PMS, they have just been here for several weeks instead of several days before period.


What can I do? My Dr's office is close thru the holidays. I did take 3 pg test in the last week. They were all negative. The tests expired in 2008, but they were tests I had at the house. I know they are old, but I still think they are accurate. The control line showed up on them.





I just want to hurry up and start so I will feel more normal. We had planned to start TTC in December, but that isn't going to happen now. Hopefully we can try in January.





Please help, I need advice! Thanks.Off Birth Control Pills, no Period, 8 weeks later...?
Buy a new test and try that. You can always go to a different doctor or a place like Planned Parenthood for a pregnancy test as well.Off Birth Control Pills, no Period, 8 weeks later...?
8 weeks isn't that long. Once I went off bc it took about 10 weeks. I did call my doc and they didn't want me to come in unless I haven't received it in like 3-4 months! They say it can even take up to a year for the body to start regulating again. Some women don't even get a period after bc, they just get pregnant...so hopefully that's you! Good luck.
You may very well be pregnant. Have test done right after Christmas.
Just because your period is off doesn't mean you can't start trying. I was on mirena for 5 months to control bleeding from my the birth of my 2 child (basically period never stopped) Had mirena (IUD) taken out had a cycle every 2 weeks and still got pregnant. So don't give up. It is normal for it to takke a while for your cycle to start back after being on birth control. Plus, if you still feeling his way take another test in a week or so. My first test for this pregnancy was Negative and I knew I felt very pregnant. a week later I got a positive. Was already 6 weeks pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment