Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I'm taking my last week on birth control and no period.Is it ok to start next pack without a period?

I just started taking Nortrel 1/35 about 2 months ago and I skipped my 1st period by not taking my last week. Now I'm on the second pack and I've been taking the white pills for 4 days and still no period. Is it normal to be late? And if my period doesn't come am I ok to start my next pack. Will i still be protected? I'm taking my last week on birth control and no period.Is it ok to start next pack without a period?
It is normal yes. Just follow your pills even if you start on your last day. Don't ever stop them or you may become pregnant! Some women don't have periods while on birth control, I never did whether on the pill or the depo shot. It is normal according to my GYN. You're protected so don't worry, just keep doing as you're doing. Good luck!I'm taking my last week on birth control and no period.Is it ok to start next pack without a period?
Give it a little more time. On my birth control, each week starts with Sunday. And so when I get to the week of placebo pills (the sugar pills), I usually don't get my period until Friday of that week - which is 6 days of taking the placebos. And then on Sunday night, I start my next pill pack and my period usually ends on that Monday.





So yes, just stay on schedule with your pills and follow each week. But for future reference, when you're starting a new birth control, you really shouldn't skip periods by skipping the placebos until about your 4th pill pack. You need to let your body get used to the birth control before you start skipping.
I would continue taking it as normal, it may take a couple months for your body to get used to the hormones in Nortrel. Try your hardest to take the pill at the same time each day, as it will keep your body in line and prevent spotting and cramping =) If you continue to have the problem after this next package, contact your doctor just to be sure that everything is okay!
It takes awhile for some women's periods to get regular when on birth control. Do not stop taking your birth control everyday like you have been. Over the next few months your period should become regular. If it doesn't you might want to try a new kind. I was on one kind for 4 months and my period was all over the place. But I took Nortrel for 4 months and it was regular everytime.
You may want to take a pregnancy test just to be safe before you start taking more pills. If you have PCOS or anything else that causes you to not be regular then it may just take awhile.
Yes; you will want to start your new pack; period or not. And yes; you will still be protected. Your period will take a while to work itself out on your new bc.

No comments:

Post a Comment