Saturday, August 21, 2010

Coming off birth control, still no period?

My prescription for birth control (Loestrin) had expired and it was a Friday night, so I couldn't call my doctor until Monday. I should have started a new pack that Friday. During that weekend (it was March 2nd), my boyfriend's condom broke. I took Plan B within 72 hours, just in case. I bled a week later from the Plan B for 5 days, which is normal. I never restarted my birth control because I thought that if you missed more than 3 pills, you had to wait until your next period to start again. Now it's April 3rd and I still haven't gotten my period. Is this because I came off birth control after having taken it for a year? I know it takes time for the body to regulate after birth control pills. I don't really have pregnancy symptoms, but I'm still nervous. Can I start taking my pills again, or should I wait until I get a period? I'm stressing out and I know it's delaying my period even more! Help!Coming off birth control, still no period?
its very normal to not have periods for a long time after coming off birth control. the longer youre on it the longer it can take for one to show up. I would just start taking it as you normally did before. if youre really worried about it why dont you just call and ask your doctor or his/her nurse to be sure. Im sure its fine and nothings going to happen if you start now but if it would ease your mind.Coming off birth control, still no period?
That is normal, apparently you can get a needle from your doctor to bring on your period.
it all depends on your body ,i took 6 months to finally get a normal period.dont stress .if it continues go talk with your doctor..
I would wait another week. Maybe your clocks out from the bleed you had. Take a preggie test if your concerned they are pretty accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment